- Air FAQ's
- Credit Cards
- Booking an Air Ticket
- Frequent Flier Miles
- Secured Flight Passenger Data
- Special Assistance
We have negotiated many different types of agreements with different airlines; thus, the rules and restrictions for exchanges and cancellations vary greatly if allowed at all. When allowed, airlines require that we collect a fee for the exchange plus any difference in fare when necessary. Exchange fees start at $125 and go as high as $350. Your exchange agent can tell you when you call.
We must insist, however, that you do not book an itinerary for the exchange. Please keep in mind that all exchanges must be on itineraries provided by the same airline that issued the original ticket. In some cases, the airline may restrict or deny exchanges requested with as few as seven days before departure.
Once you are prepared to give our exchange agent the new itinerary, please call us at (845) 848 0411. We are open 24/7. To expedite this process, please have your old ticket and/or file number with you as well as the new itinerary you wish to book.
Most airline tickets issued are non-refundable, and non-transferable. Name changes are not permitted. However, you may be able to exchange your tickets for different dates. Penalty fees apply and not all tickets are changeable. Please call our exchange department for details (845) 848 0411.
Many airlines still require a paper ticket to be issued. It is dependent on many factors, including the destinations, airlines and if you have selected multiple airlines. Many international destinations require paper tickets. We will send you an email advising you if your tickets have been issued as paper.
Paper tickets cannot be sent to International addresses. The following restrictions apply: Paper Tickets Domestic - can only be shipped to the Billing address of the credit card holder on whose card the ticket was purchased. We are unable to ship to A.P.O. or F.P.O. addresses, and no C.O.D orders can be accepted. Tickets will be shipped via FedEx 2 Day Delivery. A $14.00 USD delivery fee applies. A $25.00 USD service charge will be assessed for overnight delivery within the continental United States. The charge for Alaska or Hawaii will be $25.00 USD for 2-day delivery. Overnight delivery charge will be $36.00 USD to Alaska and $38.00 USD to Hawaii (when available).
US Billing Address – If you are holding a credit card with a US billing address you may have your tickets shipped to you internationally by calling customer service department and requesting a change of address. For security purposes we are unable to make these changes by email.
All reservations must be made in the EXACT name of the person traveling - no nicknames. For international travel the name on the reservation must be EXACTLY as it appears on the traveler's passport
All requests submitted, even if availability displays are provided, are requests only. Any requests that cannot be confirmed will receive notification by email.
When you make your reservation request, if an electronic ticket cannot be issued, a paper ticket will be issued and shipped via UPS.. The only time a paper ticket will be issued is if an electronic ticket is not available.
Our sales department will be able to assist you with booking infant travel.
Infants are children under age 2. Each traveler age 12+ may accompany up to two infants in their own seats or one infant in the traveler's lap.
Lap - Travelers (must be age 12+) in your party will hold the infant(s) throughout the flight. Please note that while infants in laps usually ride for free on domestic flights, a fee is charged on most international flights.
Seated - A separate seats for the infant. You will be required to supply an infant car seat to ensure the infant's safety. The car seat must meet airline specifications. Seats reserved for infants may be billed at special infant fares. Please check with the carrier for more information.
Most airlines allow unaccompanied minors to travel on their flights. Please contact the airline prior to purchasing your ticket to verify all rules and restrictions regarding unaccompanied minor travel.
Occasionally the airlines make changes to their flight schedules to accommodate changes in equipment, routing, or capacity.
Some of these changes are minor and may involve a change of aircraft, flight number, or a slight change in departure and/or arrival time. Sometimes the changes are more severe and result in a change to the departure city, arrival city, date of travel or even discontinued service to your destination city.
insanelycheapflights will make every effort to notify you if your reservation is impacted by an airline schedule change. Since schedule changes can occur at any time, insanelycheapflights strongly encourages passengers to verify departure times and flight numbers directly with the airlines 24 to 72 hours prior to departure.
If a major schedule change has occurred and the new flight(s) are unacceptable, please call (845) 848 0411. insanelycheapflights will contact the airline on your behalf and discuss with you your available options. Please understand all options given are at the discretion of the airline.
Airlines will sometimes make changes to their flight schedules. insanelycheapflights will attempt to notify you via e-mail prior to the originally scheduled departure time if your itinerary change is substantial.
Schedule changes that do not have a major impact on your itinerary will not be followed up with an e-mail. Such minor changes include, but are not limited to:
- Flight Number Changes
- Flight Departure time changes less than 11 minutes earlier
- Flight Departure time changes less than 20 minutes later
If an airline makes a substantial change to your itinerary regarding flight departure and/or arrival time or service changes, such as no longer providing service to your destination, a Customer Service representative will make every effort to contact you by phone. Once we have assisted you to process any changes needed, your updated itinerary will be sent via e-mail and can also be viewed in Check My Booking.
Insanelycheapflights will continue to monitor your reservations throughout your journey and make every effort to alert you to any further airline changes.
Simply enter the desired departure and arrival information in the form. Our booking engine performs a comprehensive search of the fares in our database and displays all flight options, beginning with the lowest-priced flight. For a more comprehensive search, use the Advanced Search options to find nearby alternate airports or to select preferred airlines. When your options are displayed, choose a flight that matches your needs and click the "Select Flight" button. The booking engine will display all of the details regarding your chosen flight. You need only complete a short information form to complete your booking.
Our booking engine allows you to book 24 hours prior to departure for domestic flights. International flights require a 3 day advance purchase. Many international airlines require paper tickets to be issued which require a 5 day advance.
We accept MasterCard, Visa (including debit cards), American Express, Diners Club and Discover. At this time, we can only accept bookings paid for with one of these credit cards. All payments must be in US dollars. Many international airlines do not accept Discover card.
Insanelycheapflights.com accepts Discover, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Diners Club credit cards for all purchases. All payments must be in US Dollars. Current billing address and phone information must be included with every order. Sales Tax will be charged on certain products depending on the shipping address as required by law. Due to the terms and conditions of our various airline contracts, multiple charges may appear on your credit card statement, however the total amount quoted online when you agree to your purchase will be the total amount charged to the credit card. Cancellation, change fees, and shipping fees will be additional.
A passenger’s duty or departure tax may be assessed upon departure from some international destinations such as Mexico, and the United Kingdom and Australia. This is the passengers responsibly and is not collected by Insanelycheapflights.com upon purchase.
We are unable to accept any vouchers, coupons, air script, or other discounts. In most cases, you must book directly with the airline to take advantage of these programs. Contact your airline for more specific information regarding their program.
You may be eligible for Frequent Flier miles directly from your airline; however, eligibility is contingent upon the airline's rules. Frequent flier miles may not be available for some deeply discounted fares. In order to verify eligibility, present your account information at the check-in counter prior to the departure of your flight.
Please see our Privacy and Security page for details on how your credit card information is used.
How do I get a passport? Where can I get details about passports? For detailed passport information including costs, applications, passport office locations, and more, please go to travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html
The U.S. State Department Website offers excellent advice and resources to those traveling outside of the U.S
All flights should be confirmed with the airline directly. We recommend that you do so at least 24 hours prior to departure for domestic flights (72 hours for flights to Hawaii and international destinations).
You'll need to call the airline directly. On certain flights, the airline will allow us to request seats on your behalf (but these are only requests, and need to be verified with the airline.
- Roundtrip means you will fly from one location to another, and then back to the first location.
- One way means you will fly from one location to another, and will not return to the first location.
- Multiple destinations means you will visit several locations and therefore need to choose flights between each of those locations..
- Seniors are travelers ages 65 and older. Fares may not be discounted on all flights.
- Adults are travelers ages 18 through 64.
- Children are travelers ages 2 through 12. Although most airlines charge full fares to children older than 11.
- Infants are children under age 2
Infant ticket options:
Contact our sales team to book flights traveling with infants
- Lap - Adults traveling) in your party may hold the infant(s) throughout the flight. Please note that while infants in laps usually ride for free on domestic flights, a fee is charged on most international flights.
- Seated - A separate seats for the infant. You will be required to supply an infant car seat to ensure the infant's safety. The car seat must meet airline specifications. Seats reserved for infants may be billed at special infant fares. Please check with the carrier for more information
Here are some general guidelines about unaccompanied minors:
- Please be sure to check with your airline for specific policies and fees.
- Minors who are old enough (approximately ages 5-17*) can usually fly on nonstop, direct, or connecting flights, but are not accepted on the last flight of the day. The age depends on the airline's policies, so please check with the airline.
- Many airlines provide (or require) supervision service for minors from the time of boarding until the time the minor is met at the final destination. This is called unaccompanied minor service. Minors must be approved by the airline for this service.
- Younger children (under the age of 5) are often not eligible for unaccompanied minor service and must be accompanied on the same flight and in the same compartment by an older passenger (typically 15 years or older).
- Unaccompanied minor service is often mandatory for children ages 5-14*, but optional for teenagers (ages 15-17). Age requirements depend on which airline they fly.
- A fee is usually charged at check-in for unaccompanied minor service. Expect to pay $50 or more each way.
- With unaccompanied minor service, the airline will usually want to know who is meeting the minor at the destination. Proof of identification for the receiving adult is often required. Forgetting this required identification can cause unpleasant delays so make sure you know the airline's expectations.
- Reservations usually need to be confirmed for all segments of the minor's flight. Standby reservations are not allowed on any leg of the trip.
- Again, please call the airline prior to purchasing tickets and inquire about unaccompanied minors.
*Insanelycheapflights.com does not allow internet bookings for unaccompanied minors under age 15.
- Nonstop flights only - Check this box if you want to see fares only for flights that do not stop or change planes at one or more airports before you reach your final destination.
- Stops but no plane change flights: These flights may have up to 2 landings and departures that may not be disclosed upon booking, but there is no change of planes
- Connecting flights: Flights may have one or more landings and departures. Passengers will have to disembark the plane and re-board another flight.
If your paper airline tickets are lost or stolen, please call us immediately at (845) 848 0411. Our representatives will assist you in filing a lost ticket application.
In most cases, the airlines require you to purchase replacement tickets at "today’s" fare. If your original tickets are not used after a designated period of time, generally 3 to 4 months depending on the airline, you will receive a credit for the purchase price of the replacement tickets, less the application fee. This fee varies by airline, but is typically $100.00 per traveler. Please note that these policies and fees are subject to change at any time.
Each airline has its own rules and policies for issuing replacement tickets. Insanelycheapflights.com is bound by these rules and policies and must adhere to them.
Secure Flight is a program of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that streamlines the security watch list matching process. By collecting passenger data, it will improve the travel experience for all airline passengers.
- Full Name as it appears on government-issued I.D that you will be traveling with.
- Date of Birth
- Redress Number (if available )
- Identify known and suspected terrorists
- Prevent individuals on the No Fly List from boarding an aircraft
- Subject individuals on the Selectee List to enhanced screening to determine if they are permitted to board an aircraft
- Facilitate passenger air travel
- Protect individuals' privacy
It is to the passenger's advantage to provide the required data elements as doing so may prevent delays or inconveniences at the airport which may differentiate you from individuals on the government watch list.
This is a unique number the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assigns to a passenger who have been previously identified for screening at the airports. For more information on the redress process, visit www.dhs.gov/trip.
The name you provide when booking your travel is used to perform the watch list matching before a boarding pass is ever issued. You should ensure that the name provided when booking your travel matches the government ID that you will use when traveling. Due to difference in boarding pass systems, boarding passes may not always display the exact name you provided when booking your travel. Differences such as the use of a middle initial instead of a full middle name or no middle name/initial at all, hyphens or apostrophes) should not cause a problem for the passenger.